1. What types of material do you offer for Coffee pouch?
The clients can indicate the material structure for their unique products. We will make professional suggestions according to our experiences as well. There are a variety of composite films that we use in the manufacturing of Coffee pouches. Mainly among MOPP / PET / AL / PE / CPP.
2. What types of add-ons do you fit on Coffee Pouch?
There are a lot of options, including a clear window, tear notches, degassing valves (vents), euro punch holes, re-closable zipper, ergonomic handles, round corners, etc.
3. Do you offer custom printing service? What custom printing do you use?
The clients could customize the branding printing with up to 8 colors. We offer HD graphic printing for proper branding, labeling, and logo setting, using the latest printing technologies of gravure, flexo, and digital printing.
4. What is the minimum quantity of coffee pouch on each order?
All printing processes reproduce lines and / or dots that form an image. Printing is the process of manufacturing multiple copies of graphic images. Although most people think of printing as putting ink on paper, printing is not limited to any particular materials or inks. The embossing process uses no ink at all, and all shapes and sizes of metals, wood and plastics are common receives of printed messages.
5. Is a free Coffee pouch sample available?
We will be happy to send you the existing coffee pouch samples for quality reference, free of charge. Just drop a line with your delivery details.
6. Is a pre-order coffee pouch sample available?
The sampling process will be totally the same as the mass production, taking lots of time, labour and materials. We will offer the pre-order sampling service with a reasonable sampling charge. You are supposed to have more details by contacting us with full details of the request.
7. What kind of information do you need to have when placing an order?
We need full details of the order request, including pouch dimensions and quantity, material structure and specification, add-ons, design artworks if with printing, delivery, and shipping instruction, etc.
8. How long will the cargo be ready after placing an order?
We will deliver your coffee pouches within 15-25 days, varying on different specification and quantity.
9. Are your pouches eco-friendly?
Yes! All Ouma coffee pouches are eco-friendly. We also use recyclable materials and biodegradable materials according to order request.
10. Is there still a MOQ for a custom size bag without printing?
Yes. We will take that as a custom size project. We offer label printing services as well.
11. What is the shortest lead-time for coffee pouch with prints?
About 10-20 days for production, varying in peak seasons. we can arrange air shipping and express delivery if you need.
12. How do I confirm Coffee Pouch quality before you ship them to me?
There are 2 options: by external inspectors; or to send you the order samples for review. You can send 3rd party inspection before delivery, if any quality defective, we would guarantee a 100% replacement.
13. What kind of terms of payment do you accept for security?
We prefer wire transfer by T/T. We also accept Western and Paypal. For further clarification or inquiry, kindly contact us.
14. Do you sell Coffee Pouch to distributors?
Yes, We have been dealing with several coffees and Coffee Pouch distributors across North America and Europe, etc.
15. What kind of shipment terms do you prefer?
We accept CIF, C&F, FOB, EXW, DDU, etc. Contact us for more details.
16.Why does a coffee pouch need degassing vents?
Carbon dioxide will be pushed out after the coffee beans are roasted. The pouch will be bursted if there was no exit for the carbon dioxide in the pouch. Venting valves are the only solution. That’s why most coffee pouch go with degassing valves.
17. How does a venting valve work on your coffee pouch?
The valve will be applied to the coffee pouch by heat welding. The process could be done by hand or by machine. All the valves are one way degassing vents. That means the Carbon dioxide inside the coffee pouch can go outside through the valve, but the air could not go inside.
18. What is the max dimensions of a coffee pouch?
For stand up coffee pouches and side gusset coffee pouch, the max bag height is within 85cm. For flat bottom coffee pouches, or box pouches, the max dimension is 46cm width 70cm height 15cm for gusset depth.
19. What’s the best packaging for a single serving coffee?
For a single serve coffee, we would suggest to use the film rollstock. The roll stock will work on VFFS or HFFS auto packaging machines. It could be packed as a very small sachet bag, with a couple of gram.
20. Could you produce a biodegradable coffee pouch (also called a compostable coffee pouch)?
Yes. Biodegradable coffee pouches are now the most popular packaging type. Not only for coffee, but also for many other food. It’s normally made of kraft, PLA or PBS.
21. What is the purpose of adding a plastic ziplock to your coffee pouch?
The coffee could be used for couples of brews. The ziplock could help you to seal up the pouch and keep the freshness, extending the life span.
22. Why is the coffee pouch made with laminated films?
The coffee pouch performs in several roles, adding promotion printing, offering high barrier feature, heat sealing. Each layer of film act in single function. So it needs a multi layer composite material.
23. How to open a sealed coffee pouch?
Firstly, tear off the heat-sealing part at the top via the tearing notches; then pull the both sides of opening left and right.
24. What kinds of packaging companies are qualified to produce coffee pouch?
The flexible packaging companies / factories with CE, BRC and FDA certificates are qualified for making coffee pouches.
25. How does the degassing valve prevent oxidation in on a coffee pouch?
The degassing valve goes with a special feature, one-way degassing. It can repel all the air, especially Carbon dioxide. But the one-way mechanism will prevent all air outside.
26. What details Should be marked on a coffee pouch?
The info and data may include: company name, address and logo, promotion details, product composition, product life span, origin location, producing date, roasted date, expire date, website, contact telephone and email, etc.
27. What is the features of a quad seal coffee pouch?
It’s a type of stand-up coffee pouches, similar to a side gusset coffee pouch, but with all sides welding. It could go with a tin tie closure, and one way degassing valve.
28. How is the storage life (quality guarantee period) of the coffee inside a coffee pouch?
For ground coffee, it could last for about half a year after the packaging date. For roasted coffee beans, the life span is about 7 to 9 months. But it mainly depends on the types of coffee and packaging. After the coffee pouch is open, even with a ziplock, the lifespan will reduce about 20%-40%.
29. What if a coffee pouch is stored in a freezer?
The life span will increase a lot. Ground coffee will last at least one year if the bag is not open yet. It could be about 2-3 years for roasted coffee beans if to seal in a coffee pouch and to put into a freezer.
30. What’s the difference in packaging standards between whole bean coffee and ground coffee?
Not much difference. One of the main issues is: the whole bean coffee will be packed in a coffee pouch with a non-filter valve; the valve of ground coffee pouch is with a filter.
31. What happens if there is oxygen in a coffee pouch?
It will cause the oxidation of the coffee. That means the coffee is damaged and out of use.
32. What happens if sunshine goes through a coffee pouch?
In the sunlight, some microorganisms reproduce rapidly. The microorganisms will spoil the coffee.
33. Is a coffee pouch the same as a retort pouch?
No, the materials are different. So do not reheat the coffee with the coffee pouch.
34. What happens if part of a coffee pouch is transparent?
The sunlight will go through into the coffee pouch, and spoil the coffee. Oxygen and vapour will also go into the bag, shortening the lifespan of coffee.
35. Does kraft paper help in the coffee pouch lamination?
Yes, kraft is one of the main layer among the coffee bag lamination. The features of hard and tough will make the coffee pouch stand up straight.
36. What is the best coffee packaging for liquid coffee?
Spouted stand-up coffee pouches will be the best solution for liquid coffee.
37. Is ziplock one of the coffee pouch openings?
Yes, one of the main and most popular coffee pouch openings. But it’s not a must. The coffee pouch could go without ziplocks.
38. Is a coffee pouch reusable after opening?
If the coffee pouch is with a ziplock, pocket ziplock, or tin tie closing, it’s resealable and reusable.
39. Is a coffee pouch compostable?
If to use the PLA, or PBS, and kraft, the coffee pouch is totally home compostable.
40. Which coffee packaging is cheaper, a coffee pouch or a traditional coffee tin?
The coffee pouch is the cheapest solution. Not only to save the packaging cost, but also save shipping cost, because it will save a lot of space.
41. Is it workable to reuse a coffee pouch if the original content runs out?
Yes, it’s reusable for at least one year.
42. If a coffee pouch can bear the weight that may be beyond its’ load capacity?
If the coffee pouch materials are thick enough, it can do that.
43. How to decide the bottom gusset of the coffee pouch?
The min bottom gusset is no less than 5cm, and ranges from 5cm to 15cm normally.
44. Can we use the same kind of coffee pouch for both roasted coffee beans and grind coffee?
We can use the same coffee pouch for both, but the valve should be with a filter if for grind coffee.
45. What is a coffee pouch valve?
It is a degassing vent that releases carbon dioxide (CO2), and prevents other external gases from coming into the pouch.
46. How to add printing to coffee pouch?
The image printing will be done on the middle layer if it’s a 3-layer lamination. In this way, the ink will not contact the food or the consumers, and it will not be easy to peel off.
47. How to pack coffee with a coffee pouch?
It could be done by hand if a small amount of coffee. Packing machines will be needed for a large lot of coffee.
48. Can you provide a coffee pouch mockup?
Yes, we could work out the coffee pouch mockups with your image artwork. If the order is confirmed, it’s free of charge. Otherwise, it will costs more than 100 USD.
49. How to apply labels to coffee pouch?
It could be done by labeling machines, or by labors.
50. Do you have any pouches in stock?
We are a flexible coffee pouches converter and manufacturer. We only work by orders.
51. If the artwork modification is allowed before launching the production?
Sure, It’s allowed. You may achieve the modification with your own designer. Or we could help as well cause we have a complete in-house artwork and graphics designing department. But if it’s to be modified after the printing cylinders are ready and the production starts, there will be some extra costs.